Roof Type - Exposed Rafters

Hi Andrew,

Am wondering if future versions of the roof tool will enable the use of exposed rafters with vaulted ceilings. I would also like to specify the roof eave area to use exposed rafters as well… ie no traditional soffit type structure and in some instances no fascia either. I would envisage that in this type of roof you would be able to specify not only rafter dimensions but also purlins and ridge beam sizes as well… in my case I would be specifying these to the New Zealand “NZ3604 Timber Framed Building” standards.

Regards,
Zorro

Yes the new roof tool will have this ability, maybe not in the next version yet it will be there. We are working hard to deliver V1 of the new roof tool very soon.

Excellent, sounds good.

I purchased the pre-release version yesterday and have been giving it a good work-out… actually I became so engrossed with exploring and experimenting that the day vanished into the wee small hours of this morning rather quickly. I like what I have seen to date and can see loads of potential to expand and build what could be a truly “one stop” tool.

If you would like another beta tester for the roof tool I’d be more than happy to contribute.

Regards,
Zorro

Thanks Zorro, I have been guilty of doing the same, much to my wife’s discontent, my kids use it like the game Minecraft. What country are you from? I would be interested talking to your more on the subject. In short we have so many people requesting to be beta testers. We actually have 120 testers that helped us get to where we are. As I mentioned a lot of times this is just the beginning. The soon to be released new version has a lot that many have requested and a lot that we thought would be helpful for design. Things like start point location for the wall have been rectified and we are just about to implement.Feel free to ask questions here or make suggestions. We are rewarding people with extended licenses for the best help. No doubt you could fit in there?
I must say I am pretty happy with the feedback. It always a nervous time when creating a plug in that does so much, I am glad you like it.